June 20, 2011

Fancy Vampire says: I'm so misunderstood...

Fancy Vampire says:
Alas, I'm so misunderstood
First of all, I'd like to thank the good people from Floating Robes for giving me this chance. Others never were so kind...

A week ago there appeared on this very blog a post (clicketh thine mouse here) from a bitter vampire claiming vampires cannot be any different than blood-sucking monsters. Ai, how I lament this narrow-mindedness... Alas, sometimes we dig the very pittfalls we fall into...

For I assureth thou that there certainly are vampires with a bit more sensitivity to thine human world than this frustrated vampire hast thou believe. I, myself, often marvel at the extent of thine subtle nature and not seldom do I feel empty, bleak and alone after witnessing a wonder of human kindness...

My heart is a dark and haunted place, ravaged by melancholy. I often weep for my long lost mortality. Especially when the screams of the thousand victims I've taken resound in my ears... Their faces pass before my mind's eye in my most darkest hour.

For I AM a monster, doomed for all eternity to wander this vast world to know all the time, the only thing that can eleviate  my misery is to succle from a young virgin. Oh, how I lament the evil faith that has befallen me. It is enough to drive one to insanity...

But let me not fall too much into despair. It is enough that thy knoweth now that not all of our kind are uncaring psychopaths. And judging from the films of late, I daresay thou got the point. So I will now return to my dusky dwellings and leave thou in quiet contemplation. For soon another night is upon us. I will once again feel the hunger ravaging my poor body. I can only pray my mind is strong enough to resist its horrible call!

Let me therefore, translate my feelings into a poem:

Oh, dark night,
such wonders you bring!
And with it, alas, such evil plight.

My the heavens open with every dawn
And the heavenly sun shine down
on the innocence of every fawn.

Let me retreat into my humle pad.
To sleep until the evening's call
When I will awake, hungry and mad,
only not to feed, but to resist my heavenly fall.

With this, I will graciously take my leave. Pray for me in thine most forgiving hour. Or no, just leave it. I'm not worthy of thine thoughts...

Forever thine,

Fancy Vampire

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...