February 25, 2011

Free Sample Publication Day Countdown Nr.5: 'Rumours'!

In nervous anticipation of the publication of my first collection of horror stories Beneath Dark Waters, I'm releasing a sample a day from each story!

Today: Rumours

The intricate political workings of the small village dictate that Father Swart will always be the pastor. And even though he's retired and Father Decker is a young and very capable replacement, he's still called upon when a series of mysterious deaths occur. 
He politely declines the call for help, but one summers evening he finds out just how much the parishioners still need him when the village comes under attack of a satanic force...

'Rumours' is one of the more mature stories in the book. It gives a better overview of the world Father Swart lives in and especially the political workings of a small village as do some of the other stories, without sacrificing too much of Father Swart's noble character.

It was the last story I did for Beneath Dark Waters and it was inspired when I watched a flock of birds approach as I sat on my balcony one beautiful summers evening. I hope some of that beauty is apparent in the story.

Check out the sample below:



Tomorrow: New Life

For more free stuff: Click Free Stories

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...