May 14, 2011

Lovecraft's 'Pickman's Model' in photography!

Pickman's Model in photography!
Doing the cover of my own audio book, I got to endulge a bit in my love for photography. Combining horror and photography seems to be a nice thing to do for me. And it seems I'm not the only one (as I knew I wasn't).

Joshua Hoffine has been photographing the weird and macabre for ages. He has an extensive portfolio of some of the most horrific images I've ever seen. I can't help but gawk and awe over the care and time he invests in each one. Believe me, these photos don't just happen...

Recently he has been doing a series based on Lovecraft's short story 'Pickman's Model' and I finally got a chance to combine my love for horror literature and photography. Below you'll find a link to Mr. Hoffine's site and portfolio.


I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining my blog. I'm reading Lovecraft's Bloodcurdling Tales and have yet to start Pickman's Model but I am familiar with the story line. The photos are awesome, done in good taste and complements Pickman well. Now I'm looking forward to reading it :)

Marcel Admiraal said...

Hey,

yeah, check out more of his work! He's an amazing photographer!

Thx for joining!

Marcel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...