March 25, 2011

Book Cover Needed! That's where you come in!

Let them know
I'm looking for THEM!
If people are asking why I've been so quiet lately, you can tell them it's because I'm working. THAAAAT'S RIGHT! Even a wonderful upcoming writer such as myself needs to make some money every now and again. We can't live of love alone, now can we?

Having said that you'll probably be wondering what I've been working on! A valid question, I assume. So here goes. People who've read my post The State of Affairs will know that I've been working on a couple of stories at the same time. One of them, called THE ART OF BULLYING, will be published in the summer.

AND FOR THAT, I NEED A COVER! And that's where you come in!

I need a comical drawing which I can use a cover for the story. 

The story is about Eddie who is a high school bully who dies and goes to Purgatory. Here he meets several strange characters, among which a whole host of people who died in various ways, a loud-mouthed guard, a bored bureaucrat and, of course, his HIGH SCHOOL NEMESIS. At one point his number is up and the Final Judgment comes for him just as it comes for all of us. What will the verdict be? <Insert ominous music here>  

So, I'm calling ALL ARTISTS who can come up with a comical, cartoon style drawing of angels, devils, Purgatory, Hell, Heaven and the likes. Personally, I've been thinking about a parody of a famous painting by Da Vinci or Rubens or such.


So send this out to all your artist friends. Everybody who knows somebody who can DRAW A FAIR BIT, send him or her this post and let them know that OPPORTUNITY IS KNOCKING! They can apply by sending a sample of their work to info@floatingrobes.com including contact details a little bit about themselves. I will then send the story to the most promising artists. We can also discuss other details like payment, delivery and the like.

Of course, every now and again, I will publish whatever I get on this blog, including names and URL's. This would be a nice way to draw some extra attention to yourself!

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Contact me always at info@floatingrobes.com!

Hope to hear from all of you soon!

Regards,


Marcel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...